UNTO US A CHILD IS BORN
Listen to the sermon HERE.
Pastor Jeff Mooney
December 18, 2011
Three Things we Learn from Isaiah 9:6-7:
- Jesus is a gift.
- Jesus is a gift we never would have asked for.
- Jesus is a King.
Five Fold Way to Think of Jesus as God in the New Testament (H.A.N.D.S.)
- HONOR - Jesus shares the honor / worship of the Father. (Matt 14:24; Matt 28:17; Heb 1:6; John 5:22-23)
- ATTRIBUTES - Jesus shares attributes / characteristics of God the Father. (Acts 1:24; Matt 9:4)
- NAME - Jesus is called God by the New Testament writers. (John 1:1, 18; John 20:28; Acts 20:28; Romans 9:5; Titus 2:13; 2 Peter 1:1; Hebrews 1:8; 1 John 5)
- DEEDS - Jesus shares the deeds of the Father. (Matthew 8:1-34)
- SITS ON THE SEAT - Jesus sits in the seat the of the Father. (Matt 22:44; Matt 25; Rev 5; John 5:17-18; John 8:58-59; John 10:29-31)