THE LOCAL CHURCH AND THE FEAR OF THE LORD
Listen to the sermon HERE.
Pastor Jeff Mooney
February 26, 2012
- “The concept of feeling is central to our understanding of the local church.
- “Feeling is a reverberation from your assessment of something.”
- “One of the things that gets left out of discussions on feeling in the church is the Fear of the Lord. It appears in the Bible, however, some 475 times.”
- “The Fear of the Lord is a Central Point of Assessment”
A. How to Better Understand the Fear of the Lord
- It Really is Fear
- Fear Really Should be Only for the Living God
B. Fear Should Really Only Be For the Living God
C. Several Things that a Genuine Assessment of God Produces
- Reason to obey
- Grounds to live a practical life
- People who believe this cant treat other people with cruelty (Leviticus 19)
- Grounds for praise and delight (Isaiah 11)
- Grounds for persuading others
D. So How Do We Get It?
- Corporate Worship (Deuteronomy 14)
- Reading the Bible (Deuteronomy 17:19)
E. Questions for Us…
- Do you do the stuff that causes you to fear the Lord?
- What are we doing here (at FBCN) that would drive us more to the concept of the fear of God?