Discipleship, Nurturing, and Accountability
Redeemer is committed to creating intentional settings where men can devote themselves to Gospel-shaped living. As a church, we are convinced that every member should seek to grow in their love of the gospel and believe that DNA (Discipleship, Nurturing, and Accountability) groups are a very effective way of pursuing this growth. We hope that DNA Groups will be accessible to every man who desires to grow in his spiritual life and be held accountable by his brothers in Christ in this structured process and setting. Below is the overall DNA format.
1. At each DNA meeting (with 2/3 other guys), you will cover a section of the book from the reading schedule. Bring questions from the texts, write a quick summary of your thoughts on the reading…overall be prepared.
2. Press one another to know the gospel. Go through in greater detail the different aspects of the gospel and their implications. Learn passages that are helpful in understanding the Gospel.
3. Encourage each other to be in the process of developing purposeful relationships with non-Christians, to share the gospel, and to be in prayer for those relationships.
1. Get to know one another well. Share your stories with each other. Understand the way that each member came to see the beauty of the gospel, what struggles they have experienced, what they are passionate about. Do this so that you can give each other godly encouragement with major factors in mind.
2. Each meeting you should take time to assess how you are doing in your discipline, in your behavior, in your motivations. Spiritual Assessment Questions are given to every group member to honestly examine their spiritual health before their DNA meeting.
3. Take time to pray for one another. Be intentional to pray that each of you would grow in your love for the gospel & for one another.
1. Press one another to obedience out of love for Christ, think together on what it would look like to be an obedient believer in their context. Write out what obedience would look like on a daily basis, on a weekly basis, long-term. Hold one another to intentional pursuit of obedient living.
2. Review the time between meetings and examine areas of life where sin has crept in and also areas where you have grown. Pray for one another’s battles against sin & seek to bring godly encouragement in this time.