Sugar Rush - Trunk or Treat
Sunday, October 29, 6:30 - 8:30 PM
Redeemer Baptist Church
We are excited to be putting on Sugar Rush again this year! This is a great way for our church to connect with the community and for the gospel to be heard.
It is important that we as a congregation begin to pray that this event would open opportunities for families to get to know us, for gospel conversations to take place and for us to provide a safe and welcoming event for the kids of our neighborhood and church.
We also need everyone’s help in making this event happen! There are many ways to get involved:
1. Home groups have been asked to provide 4 cars and one game. Check with your home group to discuss this more.
2. We have one more “group” of 5 parking spots, (4 cars and 1 game) and we would like this to be the “college group”. College students, if you are not involved in a home group or if you want to participate in this group, please contact Chase Burns.
Once formed, Chase will provide you with more information. This is a great way to serve the community and to get involved.
3. We have a few extra parking spots and games, along with other activity booths, that need to be filled that night. If you are not involved in a home group and would like to participate in this event, please contact Chase Burns.
4. We are collecting candy every Sunday until Sugar Rush. We are asking that each family donate a bag or two. We suggest buying the large bags of candy at Costco or Sam’s club as they are the best price for a large quantity.
Our goal is to collect over 200 bags of candy to give out that night!
5. We are in need of Spanish speakers. If you speak Spanish and would like to participate, please contact Chase Burns. We have a large Hispanic community in our neighborhood and this is a great way for us to begin to build relationships in hopes of the gospel being heard!
6. We are planning an outreach day on Sunday October 22nd from 1-2pm where we will go into the neighborhoods near our church to pass out flyers to get the word out!
Again, this is a great opportunity to love on the families who live right here! We want to provide a safe and fun place for the kids while also making the gospel known. More information will be released as we near the event!
If you have any questions, want to help and don’t know how or have suggestions, please contact Chase Burns!